or find further advice here:
What is SEND?
SEND is an abbreviation for Special Educational Needs and Disabilities.
Mrs Dalgleish is our SENDCo
You can contact her by the calling the school office - 016973 42649
or by email - firstname.lastname@example.org
The four broad areas of need:
communication and interaction
- Speech, learning and communication (SLCN)
cognition and learning
- Specific learning difficulty (SpLD)
- Mild to moderate learning difficulty (MLD)
- Severe learning difficulty (SLD)
- Profound multiple learning difficulty (PMLD)
social, emotional and mental health
- Children and young people with SEMH may have the following mental health difficulties: anxiety, withdrawn or feeling isolated, having challenging and disturbing behaviour, self-harming, depression, eating disorder, and substance misuse.
sensory and/or physical
- Visual Impairment (VI)
- Hearing Impairment (HI)
- Multi-Sensory Impairment (MSI)
- Physical Disability (PD)
If your child has a SEND need it will be determined which one of the four areas above is there primary area of need. When this is determined we will provide support and learning which is additional to or different from that which is taught with quality first teaching.
Depending on the need/s of the student we will provide different support which will be discussed with parents/carers and monitored termly through the assess, plan, do, review cycle.
All about Autism:
To find out more about how we support students with ASC at Wigton Infant School please look at out resourced provision page.
All about mental health:
|Accessibility Plan 2021-24.pdf||Download|
|Asthma Management Procedures Nov 2021.pdf||Download|
|Intimate Care Policy 2022-2023.pdf||Download|
|SEND Inclusion Policy Jan 2022-23.pdf||Download|
|Send Information Report for Covid.pdf||Download|
|Send Information Report Summer2020.pdf||Download|
|Supporting Pupils with Medical Conditions Policy 2021-22.pdf||Download|